Peter Loso was one of the first settlers to reach to the St. Joseph area and founded the German negotiation in August, 1854. He claimed section 9-10 which the Village of Saint Joseph was platted. Many others soon used and the Township was sorted out in 1858 covering 81 square kilometers. Actually called Clinton, St. Joseph obtained its current name in 1870. Many settlers emerged for the land, using its fertile soils, and the opportunities America provided.
The settlers built many businesses and homes and eventually the Town was contained in 1890. As the township grew, so do the needs of its people, and the concerns of the lawmakers. As part of their plan in the 1890's, they decided to construct a jail, install a community well, build and repair real wood sidewalks, and established liquor licenses at $500 each. Fires were also problems and around 1885 the Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1 was structured, which is currently the St. Joseph Flames Dept.
By the first 1900's St. Joseph was flourishing with around 600 residents. Farming was starting to support the families after multiple years of hardship due to the severe winters and the more info grasshopper plague of 1856. The milking machine became available in 1905 reducing enough time to milk cows so additional time could be allocated to crops and pet animal care. Immediately after, World Warfare 1 required many farmers to leave their homes to struggle.
After the warfare website ended individuals were in a position to get their lives back again on track, at least for a while, before the currency markets crash in 1929. Also, at the moment, prohibition was in effect so many of the farmers turned to making moonshine, which somewhat reduced the hardships of the market crash. Along with the depression effecting everyone in town, the community needed to stay together more than ever. Through a national give, the Council was able to hire the jobless to help clean and keep maintaining the Village.
On December 7, 1941 japan bombed Pearl Saint Joe Mo Harbor which officially got into the united states into World Battle 2. Rationing tokens received out since many items were in short supply. In those days St. Joseph got a human population of around 1050, dropping 10 heroic military to the battle. The community continued to be strong and ongoing to increase the Village, adding a normal water tower in 1949, along with a new Community well. In 1959, St. Joseph started fluoridating its normal water supply, and goes on to do so.